Genesis According to Michelangelo collects the best of Dr. Aaron Lichtenstein’s writings on the Bible, Jewish philosophy, poetry, pedagogy, the Noahide code, the ancient Near East, and a variety of other topics. In this volume, Dr. Lichtenstein addresses questions including:
- How can the Sistine Chapel be understood as an instance of biblical interpretation?
- What did rabbinic metaphysics consist of?
- Did the French Revolution have biblical origins?
- How can comparing the Cyrus Cylinder to the Bible help us understand the book of Isaiah?
- What can we do to better understand the book of Job?
- What is it like to live as a righteous gentile practicing the seven Noahide laws?
- Is the Haggadah an exercise in interpretation or pedagogy?
About Dr. Aaron Lichtenstein